Table of Contents
In this day and age, technology continues to make our life better in many ways. Devices are becoming smaller, more portable, and more reliable than ever before each time a new model is released. For people who love outdoor activities and carry several devices, it is a big advantage for them.
Garmin Striker 4 Fish Finder is one such innovative, lightweight, and compact device designed to improve the experience of all those who love fishing. It is easy to use on both freshwater and saltwater with depths of up to 1,600 and 750 feet, respectively. It also has a CLEARVÜ Sonar system that allows you to see clear images of fish and fishing spots.
The most interesting thing about this fish finder is its intuitive design, which has few buttons and clear display on its 3.5”, 480×320 resolution LCD screen. Although it does not have a pre-installed map, the integrated GPS is sensitive enough to make sure you never miss out on any waypoint when fishing.
- IPX7 Waterproof rating: It is well waterproofed that you can submerge it in water for up to 1 meter for a maximum of 30 minutes without causing any harm to the device.
- Portability: It is designed to fit in your kayak without compromising the available space. It only weighs 8 ounces and comes at a size of 3.6” x 1.6” x 5.9”.
- CLEARVÜ scanning sonar technology: This technology makes sure you get clear images of all objects in the water and around your kayak.
- Built-in flasher: The flasher makes Garmin Striker 4 Fish Finder ideal for vertical jigging and ice fishing.
- Sonar capabilities: It is built to work well in two different frequencies. That is 77 and 200kHz and 50 and 200 kHz.
- Interface: A very intuitive device that has few buttons. Novices will have an easy time mastering how it works.
- Transducer cable: The cable is long enough, 6m long, allowing it to float at a relative distance from your kayak.
- Waypoint mapping: You can use it easily to navigate obstacles with a maximum saltwater depth of 750 feet and freshwater depth of 1, 600 feet. The device is also designed to store up to 5,000 different waypoint map readings.
- 3.5” LCD HGVA backlit screen: The screen is large enough to allow you to read data even in low light conditions.
- A-scope: This scope system allows you to see fishes passing through the transducer’s signal in real-time.
- An affordable device with the latest technology
- Multi-purpose and sensitive GPS
- Works great for kayaks
- Sets up in minutes
- The display is easy to see and read
- Transducer mounting
- Maps are not preloaded
- The portable pack needs to purchased separately
Product comparison and alternatives
Below are two more fish finder you can consider. They are also budget-friendly and within the same price range as Garmin Striker 4 Fish Finder.
Garmin Striker Plus 7SV.
At first glance, you will notice the 7 inches screen that has improved resolution of 800×480 that allows it to display clearer images. The Garmin Striker Plus 7SV is also paired with the ActiveCaptain app for even greater functionality and has access to Quickdraw Contours mapping software. Basically, this model has an extremely user-friendly interface that you will really love.
This is yet another great alternative that has a slightly larger display than the Garmin Striker 4. It offers three different sonar options and a choice of the mapping and waypoint models. It is easy to install the sonar, thanks to the Lowrance for including an auto-tuning setting that helps create more visible fish arches, target separation high, and maintains high clarity.
The Garmin Striker 4 is a perfect device you will find useful when you hit the water to catch fish. It is easy to use, and its capabilities are an ideal match for any kayaker or fishing enthusiast who is in for the best experience. Its price tag will definitely grab your attention from a distance and built to last longer and to endure harsh weather; the Garmin Striker 4 is worth your money.