There are a couple of things you absolutely need when hiking through the wilderness. One of them is a reliable stove. With many lightweight stoves to bring along, you won’t regret packing the MSR PocketRocket 2. It is uniquely designed, lightweight, efficient, easy to set up, and use. Overall, this stove does a decent job fast.
MSR PocketRocket Ultralight Backpacking, Camping, and Travel Stove
- Ultralight and compact folding canister stove for minimalist adventures, backpacking, hiking, trekking, camping, and global travel
- Boils one liter of water in just 3.5 minutes and flame easily adjusts from a simmer to a rolling boil for gourmet cooking in the outdoors
- Fueled by high-performance isobutane-propane fuel canister (not included); self-sealing threaded canister fuel is available in most countries
- "Easy to setup and operate—no priming, preheating, or pressurizing is required; serrated pot-supports accommodate a wide range of pot sizes and styles"
- Manufacturer's 3-year limited warranty
- Designed to run off isobutane-propane
- Minimalistic foldable design
- Comes with a lightweight, protective case
- Easy to adjust flames
- Crafted with a self-sealing threaded canister
Why it is a must-have?
- Lightweight: It is so light that it won’t feel like an extra burden when added to your kit.
- Foldable construction: Folds down so small that you will effortlessly add it to your pack.
- Easy to set up: Even if you have never used it before, you can easily set it up without help. Just attach it to the canister and the start it up.
- Fast: In no time, you will be enjoying your meal.
- Protects case: This unit comes with a protective case that allows you to keep it safe and ready for whatever task is ahead.
Note! MSR PocketRocket 2 does not come with a canister but attaches effortlessly to any threaded canister.
Who is this product for?
Any backpacker or camper planning for a long-term adventure will love this unit. It is compact enough to fit in small kits, very light, and compatible with any threaded canister. That means it is also excellent even when travelling internationally. Besides, it is compatible with most cookware.
What is included?
When you place your orders, you will get the following in the box:
- Protective case
- Folding canister stove
- Easy to use
- Lightweight and foldable
- Compact design
- Lack of Piezo ignition
- No stabilization
In case you are not content by the MSR PocketRocket 2, these two options will not let you down. They offer more stability and are easy to ignite than the MSR PocketRocket 2
Jetboil MiniMo Camping and Backpacking Stove Cooking System
- Powered by FluxRing technology, the MiniMo reaches a rolling boil in just over two minutes with half the fuel consumption of traditional systems.
- Jetboil's proprietary regulator technology offers incremental heat adjustments from light simmer to full boil, perfect for sautéing greens, simmering sauces, and more.
- Metal handles and a redesigned FluxRing cooking cup—optimized for a low spoon angle—make the MiniMo the perfect vessel for personal cooking and eating.
- Start heating instantly with the convenient, reliable pushbutton igniter; save pack space with the clever sideways burner storage design.
- Includes fuel canister stabilizer; easy to pack and carry at only 14.6 ounces. One-year limited warranty.
No need to worry about ignition and stabilization with this unit. It comes with a stabilization system and an easy-to-use ignitor. It is simply, an excellent unit worth an investment.
Jetboil Flash Camping and Backpacking Stove Cooking System
- Optimized for efficiency, the Jetboil Flash boils water in a lightning-quick 100 seconds, making it the fastest Jetboil ever.
- Jetboil's 1-liter FluxRing cooking cup with insulating cozy makes boiling water—and keeping it warm—a breeze.
- Start heating instantly with the convenient, reliable pushbutton igniter, and verify that the water's ready with the thermochromatic color-change heat indicator.
- Compatible Jetboil accessories, such as a coffee press, hanging kit, pot support, skillet, FluxRing cooking pot, and utensils make this a necessity for your next backpacking adventure.
- Includes fuel canister stabilizer; bottom cup doubles as a measuring cup and a bowl; easy to pack and carry at only 13.1 ounces. One-year limited warranty.
You won’t regret dropping some cash for this unit. It has a push-button ignitor and does a decent job quickly. Additionally, it is more stable than the MSR PocketRocket. Overall, this is an excellent alternative to MSR PocketRocket. Give it a try! Or check out our Jetboil Flash camping stove system review.
The bottom line
The lighter the pack when hiking, the better. The MSR PocketRocket 2 is designed to occupy the least space in your pack and to adds almost no weight. In fact, it is so light that you won’t notice any significant change after packing it. Besides, it is reasonably priced. We can guarantee you it is worth every dollar you spend on it.
If you click on the Amazon link or Add to Cart and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Last Update: 2021-09-05