- Weight: 13.1 oz.
- Liquid Capacity: 1 liter
- Average Boil Time: 100 seconds for 16 oz. of water
- Fuel Type: Isobutane Fuel Canister (100 gram size)
- Lightweight and compact design
- Portability and packability
- Boils fast – boil 16 oz. (half full) of water in just 100 sec.
- Color-changing boil indicator
- Each 100 g fuel canister boils 10L water
- Push-Button Ignitor
- Uses Fuel Efficiently
- Pot insulated
- No versatility
- No simmer control
- Only boils water
- Non-reusable fuel type
- Minor updates beyond improved burner efficiency
- Not the lightest option for backpacking
It is essential to find an excellent, reliable stove for your adventures in the wilderness and it is difficult to sort through with the wide variety of choices you have out there. Even with all the great options, there are always those that stand out above the rest, one of them being the Cooking System Jetboil Flash Camping stove. Let’s look at why we feel that this is just one of today’s best options.
Jetboil Flash Camping Stove Cooking System
- Start heating instantly with the convenient, reliable pushbutton igniter, and verify that the water's ready with the thermochromatic color-change heat indicator.
- Compatible Jetboil accessories, such as a coffee press, hanging kit, pot support, skillet, FluxRing cooking pot, and utensils make this a necessity for your next backpacking adventure.
- For any adventure—from alpine expedition to a weekend trek—Jetboil offers a stove that will keep you fueled. When exploring the backcountry, a compact and efficient stove is fundamental, no matter the level of cuisine you want to create.
- Jetboil's 1-liter FluxRing cooking cup with insulating cozy makes boiling water—and keeping it warm—a breeze, making the Jetboil Flash personal cooking system the ultimate camping stove for preparing coffee, soup, or dehydrated meals on the trail.
- Ideal for: backpacking, camping, hiking, camp cooking, overland camping, survival camping, fishing, hunting, and emergency use.
This device is just one of many choices that could easily make your backpacking experiences from this innovative company. This is a device that was carefully crafted by the creators of Jetboil Dwight Aspinwall and Perry Dowst with the same creativity and commitment as the first one built in 2001. This model is a small, lightweight device equipped with state-of – the-art technology to help it stand out above the rest.
Who is this product for?
For the alpine explorer who treks solo and wants a lightweight easy-to-carry stove for all their culinary needs, this stove is excellent. This easy-to-use pot is also perfect for new backpackers who don’t want a complicated and hard-to-use pot.
What is included?
When you open this box, you will find the following included with your purchase:
- FluxRing cooking cup
- Measuring cup/bowl
- Insulating cozy
- Fuel canister stabilizer
- Cooking unit
Overview of features
This device provides an insulated 1-liter cooking pot which is easy to use with the ignitor push-button. The machine itself is a quick-boil choice that in a short 100-second time frame will boil the liter. In order to let you know the heat levels, it uses thermochromatic technology and can be paired with other Jetboil line accessories.
With the Jetboil Flash Cooking System, you get all the high-quality construction and design of previous models along with a limited one-year warranty that will help you save some money and make sure that this unit will be part of your package for a long time to come.
For many factors, this is probably one of the best backpackers stoves. Designing and integrating apps that only help to improve their performance demonstrates that the Jetboils team is dedicated to improving the experience. These are the following features:
- Designed to boil in rapid fashion
- Easy to use push-button starter
- Compatible with Jetboil accessories
- Built-in fuel canister stabilizer
- Designed with a thermochromatic heat indicator
Within 100 seconds, the rapid boiling action has your water or liquid boiling. It makes cooking simple and easy and allows you more time to enjoy your surroundings and focus on anything that has taken you into the forest.
The unique design uses one piece for multiple purposes (i.e., the bottom cup) and you look at a fast-acting lightweight (13.1 oz.) furnace with the push button ignitor that is easier to carry and even easier to use.
Sometimes even the smallest downside will cause you to rethink the product when you look at a package. That’s why discovering some alternatives that function as well but don’t have the same drawbacks is always good. If the size and versatility are a problem, you may want to consider some alternatives.
MSR WindBurner Personal Stove System
- Integrated System: Compact, all-in-one stove and cookware solution features a secure-locking pot/personal eat-and-drink mug with cozy.
- Maximum Efficiency: Radiant burner and heat exchanger deliver faster boil times and more fuel efficiency than conventional stoves that use convective heat only.
- Windproof Performance: 100% primary air combustion, enclosed design & internal pressure regulator work together to make stove virtually impervious to outside conditions.
- Compact Design: Conveniently packs the stove burner, 4 oz. (110g) IsoPro fuel canister (sold separately), folding canister stand, and PackTowl inside the 1.0L Pot. Extra full-sized bowl snaps onto the outside.
- Modular Versatility: Customizable system works with optional cookware accessories, including the WindBurner 1.0L accessory pot, hanging kit and coffee press.
This unit is just as effective but provides a little more flexibility and can be used even in the most windy conditions. It may cost a little more than the Jetboil, but you’ll be able to choose this as your option for the flexibility and size you get.
Jetboil MiniMo Stove Cooking System
- Powered by FluxRing technology, the MiniMo reaches a rolling boil in just over two minutes with half the fuel consumption of traditional systems.
- Jetboil's proprietary regulator technology offers incremental heat adjustments from light simmer to full boil, perfect for sautéing greens, simmering sauces, and more.
- Metal handles and a redesigned FluxRing cooking cup—optimized for a low spoon angle—make the MiniMo the perfect vessel for personal cooking and eating.
- Start heating instantly with the convenient, reliable pushbutton igniter; save pack space with the clever sideways burner storage design.
- Includes fuel canister stabilizer; easy to pack and carry at only 14.6 ounces. One-year limited warranty.
This unit will also fix the unit’s usability problem we looked at. It boils easily and has improved the power of simmer. You’re going to have to pay a little more than our previous alternative, but this alternative would be worth the investment.
This stove, particularly with its lightweight and compact nature, is an excellent piece of equipment to add to your backpacking package. Designed with a canister stabilizer and built with an insulated pot that helps make this device ideal for quick coffee fixing, you’ll be able to get the right start to your morning.
The unit is smaller than other versions, which means it is better than a large group for the solo backpacker. It’s not as flexible as other models as well, though you can add other Jetboil accessories to make it a little more versatile. That’s why we believe this stove is a great choice for any backpacker looking for a well-built, high-quality camping stove, even with the few drawbacks.
If you click on the Amazon link or Add to Cart and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Last Update: 2022-01-17