Portable toilets are created primarily for mobility and portability, making them a must-have for anyone participating in recreational activities such as camping, fishing, RVing, and hunting. If you’re on the lookout for the best ones in the market, then keep on reading!
Reliance Products Luggable Loo
- Compatible with reliance's standard Double doodle bag
- Weight: 3.00lbs
- Economically priced portable toilet
- 5-gallon (20-liter) capacity
- Simple bucket style design; traditional snap-on lid
- The bucket toilet has a Snap-on cover that quickly locks on.
- A metal handle is included for easy hauling.
- Most industrial pails can be fitted with a typical hinged seat and cover.
- Because the snap-on lid does not appear to attach properly, it may be poor at absorbing odors.
- Most individuals will find the toilet seat to be too tiny.
- Because the components are made of plastic, they are prone to breaking.
The Luggable Loo stands out among Reliance Items’ many hydration and sanitation products. It appears to be a standard bucket at first glance, but it is much more. It’s a great option that may be used in tent trailers, boats, and basecamps, as well as fishing and hunting.
Its creative yet useful design makes it simple to use. It has a wide base that prevents it from tipping over or sinking into the earth. This bucket-style toilet is a great option for emergency scenarios or for bringing along on a camping trip. It is a good starting point for anyone searching for a portable toilet that is simple to clean and use.
It certainly is a particularly attractive choice for individuals who want to keep a “true outdoorsy” experience without the conveniences of home. Unlike using camping ground facilities, you will have some much-needed privacy with this bucket-type toilet.
Camco Standard Portable Toilet
- 5.3 gallon holding tank is detachable; 2.5 gallon flush tank
- Sealing slide valve locks in odors and protects against leakage
- Side latches secure the tank to the toilet
- Bellow type flush and sturdy construction
- Measures 15.5 inch H x 14 inch W x 16 inch; Please note: Total seat width is 13 inches; Seat dimensions (inside) are: 8.5 inch W x 9 inch D
- It looks like a regular home toilet.
- It is simple to clean and maintain.
- The flushing system is controlled by a manual lever.
- Strong structure that can support up to 330 pounds.
- It’s simple to set up and utilize.
- For most people, the bowl may not be deep enough.
- When you pull the flush lever too quickly, you may have a burping effect.
On the budget side, there’s the Camco’s Standard portable toilet, which comes with only the essentials to provide you with a home-like commode when you’re out in the wild. You’ll appreciate its practical two-part layout, light weight, and compactness, all for a reasonable price. Camco’s portable toilet is small and light, weighing only 11 pounds making it easy to travel and store.
The two-part design allows for maximum stability by placing the 2.5-gallon flush tank on top and the 5.3-gallon waste tank at the bottom. It also includes locks to keep the two tanks in place. This portable toilet employs a manual lever to push water into the bowl to avoid the inefficiencies of battery-operated pumps.
Porta Potti Curve
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 448 x 388 x 450 mm
- Capacity of flush-water tank: 15 L
- Level indicator display for the waste-holding tank: Yes
- Level indicator display for the flush-water tank: Yes
- Size: Luxury large.Capacity of waste-holding tank: 21 L.Net weight: 5 Kg.Flushing System: Electric
- The seat height and design are ideal.
- Battery-operated flush with manual operation support.
- Holding tanks with a rather large capacity: a 4-gallon freshwater tank and a 5.5-gallon waste water tank.
- Grey and white colors are available.
- It’s simple to use and clean.
- It has a pretty large footprint, measuring 17.6 inches tall by 15.2 inches wide.
- It’s possible that a hold-down device will be required to keep the 5.5-gallon water tank from tipping over, especially during transit.
- The premium price reflects the sleek appearance and additional functions.
- The battery-operated pump is prone to breakdowns.
The Porta Potti Curve from Thetford is the gold standard in portable toilets and will be a wonderful fit for your camping, traveling, and boating needs. The days of digging cat holes in the woods or sprinting 100 meters to the campground toilets at night will be long gone.
Reliance Products Fold-to-Go
- PORTABLE & COMPACT: The FOLD-TO-GO toilet is sturdy, compact & portable. Its 3-legs are designed for use where a toilet is required. When not in use it stores easily & folds down to just 5” high. It measures 14.5"L x 14.5"W x 14.5"H when set up
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Weighing 4.5 lbs. it's light, easy to store, durable, and very easy to keep clean
- SOLID CONSTRUCTION: With its built-in leg locking system, this toilet has a reliable 250-pound weight capacity
- PRACTICAL: Use it camping, hunting, boating, trailers, cabins or in emergency situations where facilities are not available, also excellent for truckers. You won't have to leave the tent in the middle of the night anymore! Excellent for families
- COMPATIBLE: We recommend using your FOLD-TO-GO Portable toilet with Reliance DOUBLE DOODIE bags (sold separately). These bags fit perfectly for easy, no-mess, no- fuss, sanitary cleanup.
- Legs and frame are sturdy.
- It’s really light and portable.
- A compostable double doodie bag is included.
- Legs have a secure locking mechanism.
- Leg locking mechanisms are difficult to master.
The Fold-to-Go portable toilet, another Reliance Products item, is a clear winner when it comes to folding toilet seats. The integrated carrying handle and the lockable foldable legs are two features of this toilet seat that definitely stand out.
You can either use a biodegradable waste bag with the toilet or go the environmentally friendly route and dig a hole beneath the seat. The Fold-to-Go will be there for you when nature calls, no matter what leisure activity you’re doing and as long as you weigh less than 300 pounds.
The Fold-to-Go toilet is one of the lightest folding toilet seats on the market, weighing only about 5 pounds. This, together with the built-in carrying handle, improves its portability. In addition, the toilet can be set up and folded in a matter of seconds.
When using the Fold-to-Go toilet for the first time, certain minor complications may arise. The toilet, in particular, is 3-4 inches shorter than a conventional toilet, and the locking mechanism takes some getting used to. The toilet compensates for the mentioned inefficiencies by using high-quality building materials that will last for many years.
Cleanwaste Go Anywhere Portable Folding Toilet
- Each Includes One portable toilet, 1 GO anywhere toilet kit, Instruction sheet
- Built-in carry handle.
- Supports up to 500 Lbs.
- Uses GO anywhere toilet kits
- For simple portability, it’s collapsible and comes with a carrying handle.
- Great weight bearing with a 500-pound weight rating.
- Material is heavy-duty and long-lasting.
- Toilet seat is quite comfortable.
- A mesh bag is offered to hold waste kits.
- When compared to other folding toilets, it is slightly heavier.
- Use of doodie bags is required, which will involve additional costs.
- Leg release is not without its difficulties.
Cleanwaste is a foldable toilet that mimics a briefcase when folded, from design to ergonomic handle. In fact, you could easily be mistaken for a CEO, only to be disappointed when they see what you do with your “briefcase.” This foldable toilet has a weight capacity of 500 pounds, thanks to three robust legs and wide top dimensions. This will also be comfortable to use for people on the bigger side. The sturdy, long-lasting plastic utilized in its construction ensures that it will not be crushed under any load.
You’ll also love the locking mechanism on the legs, as well as the extra support that this toilet’s cover provides against the ground. This is an appropriate toilet for a variety of terrains, both even and uneven.
Types of portable camping toilets
Trowel and Hole
This is how you do business in the vast outdoors the old-fashioned way. With a trowel, dig a hole and then cover it when you’re finished.
This is the cheapest option that looks like a large bucket with an attached seat at the top. This can be used with a bag liner.
Seat & Bag/Hole
These portable toilets have seats that are elevated from the ground and sit over a hole or a bag. However, for people with problems moving around, this may be a hassle.
There are more advanced options that can even flush your bowels away from your visual field. This means that you will not see your waste unless you’re actually about to empty the toilet.
The maximum privacy is provided by portable outhouses. One of the above toilets is generally included within a tall tent.
Variety will always exist according to price for whatever you will ever buy. The same can be said with portable toilets. Always check your wallet before informing the clerk you’re getting a specific porta potty, regardless of the brand. Another thing to keep in mind is to always pick the greatest portable toilet that fits your budget.
The size of a portable toilet is important during transit and impacts how comfortable it is when in use. There are three primary sizes and types of flushing toilets:
- The regular model is made for people of average height and build. Choose a portable toilet with a larger toilet seat if you are a bit larger.
- The deluxe model is a little bigger than the ordinary model and comes with extras like toilet paper holders.
- The luxury model toilets are exquisite and contain most of the characteristics of a standard home toilet for those who can afford them. Some even have places to keep your hand wash and soaps, as well as toilet paper holders.
Length of Stay and Number of Visitors
These two things have a lot in common, so I’m merging them. Consider the simplicity of maintenance and carrying capacity of your porta toilet when you’re hosting a huge audience for a short period of time, a small crowd for a long period of time, or a combination of the two. Look for models with easy-to-read water and waste levels so you can keep track of when waste has to be disposed of or more water is needed. When dealing with week-long camps or crowds of hundreds of people, portable toilets that are easy to clean and efficient in water use are also more favorable.
Usability and portability
Purchase a portable toilet that is easy to transport while also meeting your needs, particularly in terms of space. Some types are as light as 3 pounds and are easy to handle, while others are as heavy as 13 pounds and are more difficult to operate.
Because of the materials used, portable toilets come in a variety of weights. Choose versions that, despite their small weight, are durable enough to survive harsh weather conditions and can readily support heavy loads. The GAL Portable Toilet is one such porta toilet, with a weight capacity of 440 pounds.
Features and Design
When examining the design of a portable toilet, there are several factors to consider. For starters, you must determine whether the toilet has a floor and, if so, whether the floor is flat. When installed on the ground, curved floors can be difficult to utilize. Always choose toilets with wider bases because they are more solid and will not cause you to fall into your own mess. Then see if the porta potty is intended to keep odors at bay. Some types contain odor-controlling waste kits, while others, like the Turbo Portable Toilet, have chemicals lined at the bottom to liquefy waste and prevent stink.
Keep in mind that you’ll be using your portable toilet frequently, so make sure you’re comfortable with it before purchasing. Comfort standards are never set in stone, but a decent portable toilet will be simple to use since its toilet seat size and height are appropriate for you. You won’t cringe when the toilet flushes, and you won’t grumble if the bathroom isn’t attractive to the sight. Lastly, if your group is large, consider a porta potty that provides seclusion. Also, make sure to inquire about whether it is environmentally friendly.
Purpose of use
When it comes to budgeting for a portable commode, determining why you require one is usually a smart place to start. These toilets are commonly used for recreational activities such as hiking, camping, RVing, hunting, and fishing, as well as for emergency scenarios such as natural catastrophes, environmental issues, construction work settings, and as a backup for when your indoor plumbing breaks down.
Whatever use you have in mind for the portable toilet, make sure to include it in your final decision. Composting toilets are ideal for ecologically conscious people, and a folding toilet is simple to pack and transport for camping or boating activities.
Accessories and spare parts
Today’s market has a plethora of handy accessories that can help you get the most out of any product. Portable toilets are no exception, so make sure to account for them in your budget. Urine diverter, camping toilet tent for seclusion, rapidly dissolving/biodegradable toilet paper, toilet chemicals, wag bags, and deodorizers are just a few of the accessories available.
Composting versus conventional toilets
The basic idea behind composting toilets is that they treat feces by composting, or rather decomposing organic waste. The portable variants of these toilets are self-contained, having a solids tank and a liquids tank.
The following are some of the benefits of composting:
- Flushing does not necessitate the use of water.
- There is no need for a black tank because the liquids and solids are separated, hence no sewage is produced.
- You won’t need any chemicals; all you’ll need is a composting medium.
- Waste may be disposed of easily; for example, liquids can be disposed of in any toilet, and solids can be tossed in a dumpster.
Coconut coir and Sphagnum peat moss are the most often utilized composting materials. The former is preferred since it is more environmentally friendly, odorless, and has a lower risk of containing insect larvae than the latter.
Because they have a little exhaust fan built in, portable composting toilets are also odorless. The fan aids in the ventilation of exhaust odors, the drying of the toilet inside, and the intake of fresh air. In addition, the exhaust fan aids in the prevention of mold formation inside the toilet.
However, as explained below, these sorts of toilets do have some limits. To begin with, the liquid tank must be emptied frequently, at least once a day, which can be inconvenient. You could gag while emptying the solids tank because of the foul odor that greets you as soon as you open the lid to dump. When you’ve used enough composting media, though, you’ll notice a more earthy or dirty scent.
Furthermore, the emptying process might be time-consuming because the waste must be placed in a rubbish bag and the composting medium must be prepared, rehydrated, and placed in the tank.
Conventional toilets, in comparison to composting toilets, may stink a little during typical use due to sewage buildup in the holding tank. In order to battle the scents, the usage of powerful chemicals will be essential.
A flushing system is also required for the use of a typical toilet. This means that depending on how frequently the toilet facility is used, you may need to replace your tanks on a regular basis. Access to a dumpsite is required for emptying the black tank, which is normally a simple task that takes little time. If you don’t want to spend the extra money and time that composting toilets require, a standard portable toilet will suffice.
In today’s market, when there is a lot of misinformation, having a thorough understanding of everything about a product will help you limit down to the best options. A portable toilet is unquestionably a necessary item to have, whether for emergency use or for use in recreational areas. We hope that the information provided above will assist you in selecting the best portable camping toilet for your needs.
If you click on the Amazon link or Add to Cart and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Last Update: 2021-10-28