A lot of backpacks have great features that are very convenient and help make life easier. But, there are backpacks that claim to be the best for hunting expeditions. Do they meet our expectations? Continue reading to find out!
ALPS OutdoorZ Pursuit Hunting Pack
This backpack is very convenient when hunting expeditions which comes with a bunch of features to make your adventure easier and comfortable.
- Has an included raincoat.
- Has a tree shelf for convenience.
- It also has a drop pocket for the bow or rifle.
- Hydration-compatible to avoid dehydration.
This backpack is designed for hunting outdoors with either a bow or a rifle. The included drop pocket is intended to store a bow or a rifle. It’s also built with an aluminum frame to keep the bag rigid and to protect its insides.
Not only does it include a tree shelf, but it also includes extra storage sleeves in the front pocket.
The backpack is hydration-compatible which means that it has a space for a bladder to be inserted. It also has ports built-in for the bladder to use a hose.
In case of rainy weather conditions, they included a raincoat to cover the entire backpack which makes up for the fact that the backpack itself is not waterproof.
It has a great design and is well-constructed to offer a lot of amazing outdoor hunting hours.
- The backpack is very strong and durable.
- It is fit for many hunting applications.
- Has a lot of extra pockets and has an overall high storage capacity.
- There’s no dedicated meat pocket.
- It’s not waterproof.
Maxpedition Sitka Gearslinger Backpack
- Main compartment: 16.5” high x 8.5” wide x 3” thick with internal organization
- Top front: 7.5” wide x 4” high x 2” thick with internal organization
- Bag can be worn in front and contents comfortably accessed while sitting down
- Compatible with 100oz hydration reservoir
- Top and side handles
With the amazing quality of this backpack, it’s compatible with many different types of environment and with outdoor applications other than hunting.
- The backpack only has one strap for quicker access.
- Compatible with 100-ounce hydration reservoir.
- It is abrasion and water-resistant.
- Offers more than one way to carry the backpack.
The unique one-strap design of the backpack makes it easier to access your firearm when necessary.
The hydration compatibility of the backpack allows 100-ounce of liquid reservoir to prevent dehydration while hunting.
The backpack may not be waterproof, but it is water-resistant and can successfully resist abrasion.
There are quite a number of handles at the top of the bag to offer different carrying positions.
Has a lifetime warranty as it is of great quality and durability.
- The backpack is available in a bunch of different colors.
- There’s a lifetime warranty.
- It’s very sturdy and designed to last a long time.
- It’s well-designed.
- It can only be used on the left shoulder.
- It’s not waterproof.
Tactical Range Backpack Form G.P.S.
- MOLLE webbing system that is triple stitched
- Internal (Honey Comb) frame for rigidity of the pack
- Padded waist strap for load stability
This backpack has a lot of space for all your accessories and will serve you for a long time due to its high-quality.
- It supports the MOLLE (Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment) system.
- This backpack has a hard built frame.
- The main storage area includes 3 medium-sized handgun cases.
- There’s also an assortment of labeled storage for different accessories.
Even though the backpack is specifically designed for range, it can still be used when hunting. It’s better used when going for short hikes rather than long ones as it will be uncomfortable and since it supports the MOLLE system, you can attach pockets and pouches to make it more convenient when hunting.
The backpack is designed to have a lot of handgun cases and extra storage for magazines and ammo which allows you to have quick access when it’s time to use them.
As mentioned above, the backpack has a hard built frame which protects its integrity. It also helps the backpack stay still when you put it down.
This is very easy to use and is very well-constructed that it protects all your gears very well. The design is very simple and straightforward.
Since everything on this backpack is made with high-quality materials, it is very strong and durable.
- It is well-constructed and very durable.
- They last longer because the quality of its plastic parts are good.
- There are two colors available.
- The pistol sleeves are not meant for big guns.
- Quality control issues may occur with the seller.
Camo Hunting Backpack From Auscamotek
- Dimensions: 19x12x8 inch 100% brushed polyester farbic with PVC waterproof coating
- Natural tree and leaf printing for maximum camouflage during hunting
- Large front pocket with 2 side water bottle pockets for storage of camo netting ghillie suit and any other hunting accessories
- Adjustable padded shoulder straps for total comfort Chest belt for better fits
- Reminds: the printing is random with different part of trunk and leaves.
This backpack is not only budget-friendly, but is also great for other outdoor activities other than hunting.
- The backpack comes in camouflage which makes it easier to blend in.
- The strap is adjustable to fit into anyone’s liking.
- Includes a lot of extra storage.
- It’s not noisy when you walk with it.
This backpack is designed for light and sport hunting.
When you’re hunting, you must be as quiet as possible to not chase away your prey and this backpack offers no noise at all.
The camouflage of the backpack can help you blend in the environment easier and could improve your skills as your prey won’t see you coming.
The backpack is intended for everyone of different height as its strap is adjustable.
The backpack is lightweight which prevents you from getting tired easily. It is also waterproof to protect all of the things inside.
- It’s budget-friendly.
- It’s waterproof.
- It’s lightweight.
- It’s strong and durable.
- There’s a waist bag but they’re sold separately.
- It doesn’t include a water bladder.
Badlands Superday Hunting Backpack
This backpack comes with a lot of extra features and is durable. If you’re looking for a backpack that has amazing quality and strength, this is the one for you.
- It is Thermo-molded.
- Is very quiet.
- Includes a lot of extra storage.
- It allows the insertion of a water bladder.
This backpack is the perfect gear for serious outdoor hunting. It is also very versatile with any hunting applications.
It is ideal when stalking your prey as it doesn’t make any noise.
The water bladder holds water that is enough to last you a whole day.
The backpack is also lightweight to keep you going.
The backpack is upgradable and it also has a lifetime warranty.
- It’s comfortable and lightweight.
- Can hold quite a lot of water.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- It doesn’t include a meat pocket.
- Some attachments aren’t included.
These are some of the things you should consider when planning to buy a hunting backpack:
- Purpose: What do you intend to use it for? How long have you been looking? Do you require a holster for your rifle, bow, knife, or pistol? Do you think you’ll need a meat shelf? Is it watertight? All of these are things you should ask yourself when shopping for a backpack. Small game, such as goat and deer, can often be dressed and carried out of the woods without needing a huge, externally framed backpack.
- Adjustability & Fit: The backpack’s fit and adaptability are critical to ensuring a happy and successful hunting excursion. If you haven’t properly prepared the pack for your body, you’re going to have aches and pains and an unpleasant day. Before venturing into the bush, practice carrying a full backpack and seeing how it sits on your shoulders. If there are any issues, make the necessary adjustments until you are pleased. Many inexperienced hunters fail to consider how long they will be out there without stopping. Nothing is worse than walking for 15+ kilometers with a full pack pushing into your shoulders and creating pain, so do yourself a favor and test first.
- Functionality: What do you require in the pack? Will it be large enough to hold all of your equipment? Is there enough room for water, food, and first-aid supplies? Are you going hunting on the plains or in the woods? These details may not appear to be important, but knowing that your pack can accomplish everything you need it to do (and more) will put you on the right track for a successful hunt.
- Weight: There are two kinds of weight to think about. The weight of the pack when it is empty and when it is filled. The lighter it is when empty, the more comfortable it will be when full, so look for a backpack that is light enough that it will not cause you any problems with your shoulders or back.
- Durability & Material: Nobody wants to buy a new backpack every year, so finding a backpack that will last for several years is critical. To accomplish this, conduct research on the best backpack materials and compare them to make an informed opinion. You will also need to consider the type of setting you will be in depending on where your hunts take place. Will this material be able to survive branch scrapes and rain? Is it double stitched for added strength? Unless you like having waterlogged gear, it’s a good idea to get a backpack with some measure of water resistance
How big of a backpack do I need for hunting?
When selecting a bag, a good rule of thumb is to estimate 1,000 cubic inches each day. If you intend to travel for three to five days, choose a vehicle with a capacity of 3,000 to 5,000 cubic inches.
Do you need a hunting backpack?
Day packs can be used for a variety of purposes, including small game, wild turkeys, and big game. Most day packs have about 2000 cubic inches of space, which is more than enough for food, water, additional clothing, phones, a first aid kit, and whatever else you could need for a day in the woods. Most hunters do not require such a large pack.
Do you need a camo backpack for hunting?
Camo is useful but not essential for all forms of ungulate and predator hunting. Camouflage becomes considerably more vital when bowhunting. Similarly, for predators calling, adequate concealment may be more crucial than for spot-and-stalk or tree stand deer hunting.
What should I bring hunting?
While hunting, you’ll need all of the standard hunting equipment, such as hunting attire and boots, a rifle or bow, ammo, and a bag. Some objects, however, are not as clear to a beginner hunter. Scent attractant and scent reduction can help you have a successful hunt.
Which frame should you choose?
When it comes to your backpack, there are two sorts of frames to consider: internal frames and external frames. The distinction, as the names suggest, is where the frames are located on the pack.
The external frames are ideal for trekking across well-worn trails with little interference from Mother Nature, as opposed to hunts that take you through the densest of forest, but depending on the size, they may be a cheaper option when considering longer hunting trips due to the load capabilities.
Why do some backpacks have a waist belt?
The waist belt on your hunting backpack is not there to let the jocks know who their next target will be (spoiler: you), but it does provide additional support and can carry up to 90% of your pack’s weight, which is a lifesaver when carrying heavy loads of gear, game, and supplies and ensures that you do not ruin your trip by suffering from uncomfortable body aches. Back pain is not cool, so let go of your ego and belt up; your spine will thank you for the next fifty years.
The Badlands Superday Hunting Backpack is the clear winner as it meets most of our expectations. Though it is on the more expensive side, the investment made with buying it will be worth it! If your budget doesn’t really fit the price range of the Badlands, a great alternative is the ALPS Outdoorz Pursuit Hunting Backpack which has a lower price range for those on a budget.
If you click on the Amazon link or Add to Cart and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Last Update: 2021-10-28