You’ve got the camping stove, the cooking utensils, and the food.
And now you’re looking for a camping kitchen to help you stay neat and tidy.
As you are surely aware, there are thousands of options on the market today, which makes the buying process a little complex. Don’t fret. We’re here to help you.
In addition to a list of our top-rated camping kitchens, we want to help you in grasping this gear’s basics.
- Kitchen top space. Consider the type of cooking you’ll do doat camp and how much space you’ll need.
- Stable bases. This is very important. You want something that is both stable and capable of adjusting to an even level.
- Portability. Typically, you will not be bringing a camping kitchen with you when you go backpacking, but you will want something that can easily fit in your car.
You’ll also want to know about build materials and storage spaces, but we’ll get to that later.
Here are the best camping kitchens.
The best camp kitchen
Mountain summit gear deluxe kitchen
- Material: aluminum
- Totable: yes
- Height: 56.2in
- Dimensions: 56.2 x 18.9 x 31.5in
- Claimed Weight: 13lbs 8oz
This kitchen weighs 13.5 pounds and has two aluminum roll-top table stations, letting you prep food on one and cook with a camping stove on the other.
Because this kitchen is so light, there have been some issues regarding its stability. However, the average camper considers this kitchen to be a home run. It may be a bit too light and not strong enough for longer camping trips.
- Detachable storage. It comes in handy while packing it up or filling it up during setup.
- Lightweight. It’s also pretty durable, given its weight.
- It can multitask. Because there is so much space, many campers reported they could cook and prep food simultaneously.
- Sturdy hinges. There have been concerns about the hinges being overly tight, making setup and takedown difficult.
GCI outdoor slim-fold outdoor cook station
- Folding Camping Table: Folding camp table brings the kitchen outside with enough counter and storage space to accommodate camp kitchen equipment like stoves and grills, cooking utensils, and cookware
- Quality Construction: 1-piece powder-coated steel outdoor table frame easily unfolds to reveal a heat-resistant aluminum countertop, storage rack, and 4 plastic fold-out side tables
- Specialized Shelving: Grill table features a heat-resistant aluminum countertop (48-lb. weight limit) for camp stoves; Outdoor prep table also includes a lower rack (35-lb. weight limit) for dry good storage
- Spacious Storage: Foldable table features 4 fold-out side tables (30-lb. weight limit each) with space for food and beverages, paper towel holder, and hooks for grilling utensils and garbage bags
- Compact: Portable table with carry handle folds flat for storage; Measures 20.9 x 52 x 32.3 inches open, 20.9 x 3.7 x 34.6 inches folded, and weighs 18.9 pounds
Despite weighing less than 19 pounds, this kitchen table includes four fold-out tables and a wire table ideal for drying pans or additional food storage.
This camping table has an aluminum frame that folds fully flat for convenient storage, making it ideal for campers who travel in smaller vehicles.
There isn’t anything to dislike about this GCI kitchen station. One minor criticism is that it does not come with a storage bag, although it has a convenient transport handle once folded.
- Plenty of shelf space. You have six dependable shelves on which to place and store kitchen items.
- Extremely durable. Even under the harshest conditions, this heavy-duty metal frame does not wobble.
- Folds flat. Despite the additional shelves, this kitchen table folds fully flat for easy storage.
- There is no carrying bag. However, there are bags available that work well for it.
GCI outdoor master cook portable folding camp kitchen
- Folding Camping Table: Folding camp table brings the kitchen outside with enough counter and storage space to accommodate camp kitchen equipment like stoves and grills, cooking utensils, and cookware
- Quality Construction: 1-piece powder-coated steel outdoor table frame easily unfolds to reveal an aluminum countertop, storage rack, 3 fold-out side tables, collapsible sink, and lantern pole
- Specialized Shelving: Outdoor prep table features heat-resistant countertop (48-lb. weight limit) for camp stoves, a lower rack (35-lb. weight capacity) for dry good storage, and a collapsible softshell sink with drain for dishes
- Spacious Storage: Foldable table features 3 fold-out side tables with space for food and beverages, a paper towel holder, and hooks for grilling utensils and garbage bags
- Compact: Portable table with carry handles folds flat for storage; Measures 21.7 x 56.3 x 32.3 inches open, 5.9 x 21.7 x 34.8 inches folded, and weighs 22.7 pounds
This is ideal for outings with a group of friends or family, as it allows you to spread out and cook a feast. The powder-coated steel frame opens to reveal a massive, smooth work surface.
Aside from the heat-resistant aluminum countertop, it has three folding side tables and a lower wire rack, two of which have stem glass holders notched in them. A soft-shell sink with a drain for dishes and a lamp pole for cooking when the sun goes set are two extra conveniences.
- Huge size.
- Great weight capacity.
- Great features.
- Very easy to use.
- Top-level craftsmanship.
- Bulky when packed.
- No carry bag.
Coleman pack-away portable kitchen
- Portable camp kitchen offers a stable cooking surface and ample storage space
- 31.5 x 21.3-inch food prep area ideal for chopping ingredients
- 27.8 x 20.5-inch side table accommodates most Coleman stoves and coolers
- Handy utensil hooks and mesh shelf provide additional storage space
- Folding design fits into a compact case for easy carrying and storage
This kitchen camping table has a few features we appreciate, including the handy utensil holder in the back of the primary food prep space. Access to tools like a spatula or tongs is convenient, especially when they don’t take up any prep space.
The portability of this table, on the other hand, may be its most appealing aspect. It has the classic Coleman fold-up style in a metal case with a handle for convenient transport.
Some users have stated that this Coleman table isn’t the most durable, while others believe that an improved version would be a considerable improvement. As a result, Coleman pays attention to its customers
- They are intended for use with a stove. A side-open shelf area is designed to fit a camping stove snugly.
- Lantern holder. A lantern holder is usually a pleasant addition to a kitchen table.
- Hooks for utensils. You’ll be relieved to be able to hang these instead of having them take up prep space.
- Not the most durable. Some campers reported brackets breaking off after extended use.
Camco deluxe folding kitchen table
- Measures 57.75" W x 19" D x 32" H when fully assembled. 37" x 19" x 6" when stored
- Quick and easy to set-up. In less than a minute you'll be ready to start grilling
- High strength lightweight steel frame and aluminum tabletop
- Plenty of space for all of your cooking gear with additional hooks and paper towel holder on the side
- Includes durable carrying case
First, the good news: This camping kitchen is extremely easy to assemble and disassemble. And when it’s time to put it away, it’s fairly small. We enjoy how many hooks are available for utensils and other kitchen tools. They are well-positioned for campsite cooking.
There have been a few complaints regarding this camping kitchen, the most serious concern over the fiberboard shelves. If they get wet regularly, they may start to warp.
Another issue with this Camco table is how hot the aluminum frame may become after sitting in the sun. However, this is likely to be common among many metal camping kitchens.
- Efficient design. Although compact, there is still plenty of room for working.
- Easy to set up. Push down to unfold your table, and it’s ready to use.
- Sturdy. It can support most cooking burners as well as meal prep tools without wobbling.
- It’s too hot. Aluminum can quickly heat up if left out in the sun,
- Fiberboard shelves will warp if left out in the rain.
Cuisinart take along grill stand
- FOLDS QUICKLY: Folds flat quickly and includes carrying handle for easily for transport.
- TWO SIDE TABLES: Two flip up side tables! The side tables together have 6 cup holders and 8 tool hooks. Perfect for entertaining!
- STORAGE SHELF: The storage shelf is a perfect spot to keep your cooler nearby and yet, out of the way! It holds up to 35 lbs.
- NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED: No tools required for set up! Unfolds in seconds!
This Grill Stand is the ideal camping cooking table for casual campers because it is simple and versatile.
It swiftly unfolds and has two side trays with lots of cup holders to keep everything in place. We like the lower shelf, which has crossbars to keep stuff from slipping out.
Nothing is ideal right now. Some campers have complained about the shakiness of this camping kitchen. However, it is possible that they were using a larger grill. This table was made specifically for a Cuisinart grill.
It’s worth noting that numerous reviewers praised the durability and strength of this kitchen table. This is one of the more attractive budget camping kitchens for the price. So, if looks are important to you, you should consider this Cuisinart camping kitchen.
- Easy to set up with no tools required. Unfold it, and you’re ready to go.
- Stunning design. Nothing less would be expected from the Cuisinart team.
- Affordable. One of the most affordable camping kitchens on this list.
- It can be a little unstable depending on how much material it holds.
Camp chef sherpa portable camping kitchen
- Versatile aluminum roll-top table 600, Denier Fabric, 4 zippered compartments
- Blue organizer is lined for use as cooler or sink, Side pouch for transportation of table top, Padded carry handles for easy handling
- Telescoping aluminum legs, Expandable lower divider to accommodate a Mountain Series cooking system
- Table top dimensions: 27" x 17", Table height with legs extended 28"
- Individual bag dimensions: 12" x 11" x 6 1/2"
The Camp Chef Sherpa has four zipped pockets and provides outstanding functionality in a simple camping table packaging. These are used to hold a variety of specially designed color-coded bags that can be used to store utensils, ingredients, and other items. One of these storage bags has a one-of-a-kind liner that can be used as a cooler or a sink.
- You can unzip the shelves to customize your storage requirements to your need
- The blue bag is lined and waterproof
- Sturdy design
- The telescopic legs are not easy to slide out
- It is not easy to assemble.
- It is large and bulky
Happybuy portable camping kitchen
- ✔ AMAZING SIZE: LARGE working area with unpacked size 69” x 19.5” x 43.5”, it still could be packed easily as a TINY BAG with size 35″x 6″x 20”.
- ✔ HIGH-QUATILITY MATERIAL: Main rigid construction used stable 19MM Aluminium Pip, poly 600D with PVC Coating keep your outdoor BBQ/party safe and joyful.
- ✔ REASONABLE DESIGN: a main table, 2 side tables and 3 zippered bags with large capacity, you could place all your needed on working area.
- ✔ USER-FRIENDLY DETAILS: The steel windscreens on three sides of the upper table top ensure more effective burning; the height of side table is adjustable with well-designed zippered bag for larger storage space. All of our effort to make your outdoor activity more enjoyable.
- ✔ WIDE APPLICATION: you could use this portable kitchen in almost all the outdoor activity: BBQ, outdoor party ,picnic in garden and even forest adventure. It is a great choice for family who loves outdoor life!
If you need more space, the Happybuy Portable Camping Kitchen is the way to go. Three laminated particleboard tabletops and a cooking table, as well as three storage drawers, are included in this portable camping kitchen.
While this camping kitchen is hefty, weighing about 36 pounds, it is easy to assemble, and once assembled, it is ideal as a practical and effective outdoor kitchen space.
- Spacious design
- Quick and easy set up
- Easy to clean
- The windscreen is very useful for open fire cooking
- Not waterproof
- Some users struggled to set this up
What is an outdoor camping kitchen?
Camp kitchens provide far more than the traditional cooler-plus-picnic table set up. Today’s standalone camp kitchens provide a version of your home workspace to help you create a nice dinner in the wild more effortlessly.
They are usually counter height, making meal preparation more comfortable. They are available in various configurations to conveniently store food, accessories, and other items, allowing you to take the convenience of a well-organized kitchen with you on the road.
When buying a camp kitchen, it should be:
- Sturdy, with a firm base to minimize tipping
- Large enough to support your preferred stove.
Extra features include:
- Side tables and shelves
- Covered and closed storage
- Built-in sinks
- Lantern poles
Who doesn’t enjoy having extras?
Ultimate camp kitchens provide a variety of camping cooking gear such as:
- Extra storage compartments
- Spice racks
- Paper towel holder
- Utensil hooks
You may now choose the best camp cooking equipment to get the most bang for your buck.
We rated our happiness with these ten camping kitchen gear products.
This leads us to the ultimate camp kitchen, which provides the most bang for our bucks.
Buying guide for camping kitchens
While many camping kitchens may look the same, each brand and model takes a different approach to the problem.
Use this information to pick the best buy for your camping needs.
Spacious kitchen top
One of the most important considerations when picking a camping kitchen is the space available for meal preparation and cooking.
For starters, most camping tables on the market are extremely close in size for the top cooking areas. Extra shelves that fold out on the ones with a lot of extra room, such as the GCI Outdoor Slim-Fold Outdoor Cook Station, do this.
If you frequently camp with large parties and enjoy cooking, consider buying a large camping kitchen. If it’s only you and one other person, a smaller unit, such as the Coleman Pack-Away Portable Kitchen, is a fantastic option.
Ample storage space
Storage is everything for the most dedicated camp chefs. However, for the majority of people, it isn’t a big concern. We will explain.
Because you don’t want to attract animals searching for a snack to your campsite, it’s unlikely that you’ll keep goods like salt, pepper, and oils outside in your camping kitchen all night.
The type of storage you do want, though, is for items such as a propane gas tank at the bottom, which the Cuisinart Take Along Grill Stand provides. Hooks for utensils are also incredibly useful.
Made with durable materials
Many camping kitchens on the market nowadays are made of high-strength aluminum, which can be quite durable depending on how the camping kitchen is designed.
Aluminum is particularly popular since it is lightweight, doing the packing and transporting it much easier.
However, aluminum has a few small drawbacks. Generally, if left out in the sun, it can become extremely hot. It can also dent easily if not handled carefully.
Steel, which may be found in the Eureka Camping Kitchen, is the second most popular material after aluminum. Steel is not significantly heavier than aluminum; Eureka’s product weighs 14lbs.
Examine the various materials used in a camping kitchen outside of the base. Fiberboard shelves, for example, are used in the Camco Deluxe Folding Kitchen Table. Some campers have expressed concern that the shelves may begin to warp if the campsite receives heavy rain.
A solid base
It should come as no surprise to any camper that setting up any type of table on a campsite will not be completely straight. Fortunately, camping gear makers have discovered some strategies with camping kitchens to ensure seamless cooking.
Adjustable legs or feet, like those featured on the Mountain Summit Gear Deluxe Roll Top Kitchen, are the best features. This allows you to raise and lower individual legs, allowing you to level the camping kitchen.
Bring a small level with you or attach one to your camping kitchen to make it easy to level your table.
Finally, we must consider weight and portability.
When it comes to weight, camping kitchens are a little easier to discuss because the chances of you hauling one of these enormous tables with you on a trekking trip are incredibly minimal.
Still, you don’t want to carry something 500 pounds out of your car and back in after every camping trip. The Cabela’s Deluxe Camp Kitchen is the heaviest camping kitchen on our list at 36 pounds, but even that is manageable for one person to unpack and install.
What’s more significant is portability.
You’d like something that folds flat, like the Coleman Pack-Away Portable Kitchen, so it doesn’t take up too much car room. Many camping kitchens are built with a shelf framework that allows them to fold flat.
Do I require any extra tools?
In most cases, a camping kitchen employs basic fold-up and fold-away technologies. You don’t need any extra tools or parts to get started.
Some tabletops may need to be clipped into clamps attached to the frame. However, this can be done by hand.
The purpose of a camping kitchen is convenience. Thus the fact that no additional installation time or tools are required is a huge benefit!
Can I put up my camping kitchen anywhere?
It’s a great idea to set up a kitchen area with a tarp to protect you and your belongings from rain if you’re setting up a base camp. Include a windbreak because it will be useful when cooking over an open fire.
Look for as flat a surface as possible to make sure a solid and level working area. Some cooking kitchens have movable legs, which may allow you to level out the surface of the ground, but if this is not available, you can lodge a small stone underneath a table foot. Just make sure it’s securely in place to prevent the table from tipping over.
In most circumstances, the height of the work surface will be made to an “average” height – it is impossible to cater to all persons. To cook, you should be able to stand at the table comfortably.
Consider the height of the shelves as well as how you intend to use them. Is it possible to safely access a large stove if it is placed on top of a shelf?
If your camping kitchen does not have a removable sink, make sure it includes separate storage for dirty dishes.
Not all camping kitchens include a sink for washing dishes. Some have adaptive solutions, such as specific linings and built-in dedicated storage sections.
Some might have specialized basins as well.
Do I need extra waterproofing protection?
Not always. Depending on the design of your camp kitchen, extra waterproofing may be a personal preference, but it may not be required. Most of the materials used to make the camp kitchen are waterproof. However, it is up to you to apply additional waterproofing. It’s recommended to check the manufacturer’s directions to see whether you may add an extra waterproof coating.
Is the lack of adjustability a deal-breaker?
Not always. If you know your height, you should select a camp cooking arrangement that meets your demands. The tables and stove area must be comfortable for you to work. Some types are adjustable, while others are not. However, all designs might be more unstable on uneven surfaces, so it’s recommended to bring along some strong supports to help level your campsite.
Do I need a full kitchen?
A: It depends on what you prepare, how you cook, and your preferences. You may not need a sink, stove, or table to prepare a meal. At the absolute least, we propose a table platform and a space for your stove. It is up to you whether you need a sink or more storage space.
Where should I set it up?
If you intend to cook over an open flame, set up your camp kitchen in a well-ventilated area. You should not put your camp kitchen inside a tent or other small enclosed environment. There may be occasions when you must cook outside due to inclement weather, and it is advisable to try to use an umbrella or a tree to shield the kitchen. If you cannot use either of these, you should consider erecting a makeshift structure, such as a tarp.
How do you wash dishes while camping?
The ideal choice is to get a camp kitchen with a sink or a storage bag with a particular lining, from which you can set up your cleaning station.
If you click on the Amazon link or Add to Cart and make a purchase, we earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Last Update: 2021-10-28